Wednesday, March 19, 2014

"Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart" Psalms 27:14


Hello everyone!! I don't know about all of you but spring has finally begun to show itself in Korea! I'm so excited. Warmer weather and sunshine is definitely helping pull me out of the winter slump. 

The work here still goes on even though it seems slow in comparison to some places, but we will never stop trying. I know this is the Lord's work and that He has children here who are searching for answers, peace, and comfort. I also know that if I persevere he has prepared blessings beyond what I could ever imagine. And yet there are times when it seems like the task in front of me is impossible. Like it's too big. After all, I'm just one person, and sometimes I feel insignificant in the task He has designed. I also admit I often times feel like I have no idea what I'm doing. 

But I have hope. Hope in the Lord, hope in His message, hope in His love, and hope that this work will be successful. I know that miracles can and will be seen. Because, in reality, I am not alone in doing this work. Missionary work isn't possible because of 19 or 20 year old men and women who are incredible teachers. Missionary work is possible, and conversion is possible because of the Holy Ghost. I know it is not my words that convert, but rather the spirit converting through my message. I keep in mind that my Father in Heaven has already given to me many many blessings as a missionary. 

As I was studying this week I re-read the talk Elder Utchdorf gave in the Priesthood session of October 2013 General Conference. I found a quote that especially spoke to me. In his closing lines he says; "You are stronger than you realize. You are more capable than you can imagine." 

In life we all have expectations for ourselves, standards that we hold ourselves up to. But do we really know what our capabilities are? We may be aware of what we have done in the past, and recognize the limit that we have previously reached. We may also have a pretty accurate estimation of what we are capable of on our own. However, if we rely on the Lord, if we work together with Him, knowing that he will fill us in like an outline in a coloring book, we will be able to accomplish anything. Sometimes I feel like a shell, waiting to be filled in, but I know I have to ask for His assistance in completing my picture. I like to think that once He colors in the basic shape then He can start coloring outside the lines, helping me realize a shape that I have not yet even imagined. If we will seek His help our limits will be boundless. I know that this is true. Trying to do what I need to do is impossible without His help. I also know that if we don’t seek out His guidance and act on what He offers us that we will be living below our potential. 

I'm sorry if this post is a little too similar to the last one. Let's just say I've been a little needy for my Savior lately.

I hope you all are well, happy (and warm).

I love you all,

Sister Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment